Tuesday, January 22, 2008

In 2007 I found hidden dragons in my paintings

"Granny's Wind Dance"





" Granny's Wind Dance" is a portrait of what I want to be when I am older. When I was painting I was thinking about the "Three Graces" shown earlier in this blog. Both paintings are inspired by Sandro Botticeli. I am expressing my appreciation of the Rubenesque forms of mature women, prehistoric fertility goddesses and especially the sculptural convex volumes of Artistide Maillol. A few months after painting"Granny's Wind Dance" I spotted a connection with another painting I had just done,"A self-portrait of me flying my Chinese Vase Vessel, I noticed the Camel Dragon handles of the Chinese vase is like the arabesque pose in " Granny's Wind Dance". The handles were made by addition with no concave subtraction and furthermore the dragons are posed in arabesque. "Granny's Wind Dance" is one of my hidden dragon paintings.
"Granny Diane Sails her Chinese Vase Vessel"

No comments: